Monday, March 5, 2007

Skyline


For this weekend’s assignment, I was to design something in TopMod that would later become a paper model. I decided to make a skyline. I saved it as an obj file and opened it in Pepakura. Pepakura is a program that allows you to make a paper model from a 3d data, like the skyline I made in TopMod. Pepakura is really easy to use. It unfolds your 3d model so you know exactly where to bend, cut and attach it together. I even went to the point of adding the numbers so it would let me know exactly where to match things up with. After Pepakura, I saved the new document and opened it in Photoshop so I could color it. I went with different shades of blue and added white spots to create the design of office windows. I printed this out and made my cool skyline!

1 comment:

dave morris said...

i would like to see some screenshots from either pepakura/topmod or both along with your photos, and try to get some photos that are a little bit more in focus.