Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Building

For this assignment, I was to create a structure using Autocad Viz 2007. I wanted to design a building that was interesting and different. I used the box and cylinder to put together the structure of the building, then I used the convertible mesh to select the polygons in the cylinder and deleted half of them to make the final design. I also used the modifier called lattice for the window mullions. To render it, I used ambient occlusion.

Next, I added color to represent the materials of the building. I changed the ambient, specular level, glossiness, reflection, and self illumination to represent the glass, show transparency, and the illumination of the building. I put both images of the building into Photoshop. I used a blending tool multiply, which blended them together.

Finally, I changed the hue of the building four different times to show the variety of color choices the building can have. To show scale, I added two people.
















This has been by far my favorite assignment. I really liked the way that the process evolved and the end result of my design. I learned a lot more about Autodesk Viz and I find it more efficient to use. My design was based on a building that I would like to see in the city. The glass is a wall that surrounds the actual concrete building and I think it gives a good architecture look to it. I'm proud :)

1 comment:

dave morris said...

great job. i would only argue that the placement of your scale figure(s) could have been thought out better. in a building this size i would love to see a crowd of people standing around outside or maybe even silhouettes inside the windows...