Monday, February 26, 2007

Aggieland Saturday


Last Saturday I volunteered to help the Architecture College at Texas A&M work Aggieland Saturday. At the beginning, I was scheduled to work the first shift for a total of three hours. A couple of girls and I met up at Langford and got ready for a hard day at work. I had gotten an email earlier on from Michael White that gave directions in what to do when I worked my shift. My job was to take the visitors and give them tours throughout all three of the Langford buildings. I was a little nervous at first because I felt like I didn't know much about certain departments within the architecture program and I didn't want people to get the wrong impression. Everything turned out great. I learned a lot more about the college myself through the tours I gave. I think that I did well informing the parents, as well as the students about Texas A&M, Architecture College, and college in general. I actually ended up working both shifts which was over six hours. It was nice being on the other side giving the information instead of receiving it. Aggieland Saturday was very successful and I think I did a good job of informing the future students.

No comments: